I think that the “my bloody valentine” poster is effective because it shows the theme of death and partial narrative (through the use of the big weapon and the 3d effect) also it features the death convention by the use of dark colours (except for text which is red). I think that the use of dark colours is a common convention of horror and an effective one, (for example: If a film poster had mainly white, blue or pink, it would not give or have the same effect) that is why I will most likely use the darker colours. As for the negatives, there are hardly any but maybe the use of a variety of colours would make it more interesting and eye catching but over all it has all the conventions that a horror poster would need.

As for the partial narrative displayed on the poster, the layout of the poster consists of mainly having a head and a prom crown would assume half way down almost like it is being pushed down and this may cause her to scream in pain and you get the feeling the crown enforces the destruction/death theme of ‘death’ and the slow killing of people. And this partial narrative displayed on the poster relates to the film as the title of the film is “prom night”.
I think this poster is effective because it immediately gives the audience an insight of what to expect i.e. screaming and pain, The use of dark colours again connote horror.

No comments:
Post a Comment